Friday, July 8, 2011

Update: Gomphrena globosa gone

I mentioned in my earlier post that the G. globosa seeds that I have sown had germinated. Well, the downright unfortunate thing has happened: all my seedlings have perished in less than 3 days after their tiny red leaves barely emerged from the soil. This indeed brings tears to my eyes as I was hoping fervently that they would successfully develop into adults with their signature papery flowers blooming all along my corridor. I even had the wish to use these fantastic flowers in floral arrangement. I guess that is really my wishful thinking. I shouldn't have harboured so much hope and pinning them on such small delicate beauties. Nevertheless, I shall try again. Maybe this time I will look for the adult plant and propagate the species by cuttings instead this time around. I seriously have no idea.

No comments: