Thursday, August 12, 2010

A pleasant surprise!




Boy was I surprised to find this small little shoot while I was on my way to work this morning. Inconspicuously hiding behind a bigger pandan plant, this zamioculcas zamiifolia young, or commonly called the zz plant, was an accident in the works as it was no intention of mine to grow it. It was, however, an unexpected growth from an abandoned part of the bigger plant I have in the pot thanks to my mother who did some trimming a couple of months ago. Nevertheless, it was nothing short of wonderful, and lovely too, as it brightened my day today! I have since taken it out of the pandan pot and transplanted it into a more comfortable pot where the new shoot can have the whole place to itself. Hopefully it will enjoy the change in environment. Well, it's fingers crossed yet again!


No comments: