Monday, October 19, 2009

Codariocalyx gyrans and perilla

Inadvertent as it was, I was back to seed shopping again even though I still have packs of unopened seeds ready to be sowed. It wasn't my intention to get any seeds at this moment but I was at Market place Rafflescity and there they were, seeds! Among the many packets, two particular plant seeds caught my attention: see title.

It was really serendipity that I found the gyrans plant I wanted to grow a long time after learning about it from desmodium gyrans. Imagine my excitement when I found the seeds on the rack; I can hardly contain my excitement now as I put these in words. It was really a good find and I hope I can get the plant to germinate and subsequently grow; I would absolutely love to do a study on it, with the limited resources and knowledge I have. Most certainly, it would be a joy and delight to watch it dance. I am filled with fascination already.

Besides the gyrans (codariocalyx gyrans), I found another herb plant that I have no knowledge of whatsoever. Perilla frutescens, I found after googling it, belongs to the mint family; that's basically all I know at this point. Nevertheless, I look forward to learning more about it as I have since sown the seeds. As I await its germination and growth, I will sow my gyrans seeds soon as I cannot wait to get both plants greeting me every morning as I walk down the corridor to school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking post .I found this website useful for Herb Gardening tips http://www.herbgardeningtoday.com. I think you guys will find it interesting too.

Thanks,
George
Herb garden plants